Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Judo going well

After a lot of to and fro about getting back into martial arts, I finally got my act together after Labour Day. On the 4th of September, I began training at Kaizen Judo Club in Kitchener. Today, I had my fifth lesson.  



Things are going well. I'm studying with with a good group of other beginners who started around the same time, and we are learning a lot together. The early classes spend a lot of time on breakfalls, with a few basic techniques (foot-sweeps, hold-downs) occasionally included. It's a fairly slow ramp up, but I appreciate it. If they threw us right in among the more advanced students, we'd just get frustrated (not to mention exhausted), and we could well get hurt if we didn't know how to fall properly when thrown.

If everything keeps going well, I should earn my yellow belt before the end of the year.

Onward!

1 comment: